Take care of your body....Its the only one you have.

Take care of your body....Its the only one you have.

Friday 17 January 2014

Struggling with weight loss?


      Imagine yourself going on a road journey and you get all dressed with your suitcase packed and have your bus fare in your purse; yet you refuse to go to the bus station to board the bus to your destination choosing instead to wish yourself there. I can 'hear' your mind go ......don't be silly who does that?
       


But that is exactly what you are doing to yourself when you CLAIM you are on a weight loss mission without exercising.
   
The bus fare in the analogy is the diet you are on while exercises is the vehicle that will get you there.
                                       
    There will always be an excuse for failure.....you need to take a stand today to improve your health.

    Obesity should be treated as a disease and it is a serious thing because it can eventually lead to debilitating illnesses.

      I am treating mine as a disease and I am doing this for ME and not anybody so my motivation is strong. I know how good I felt when I was slimmer and I have vowed never to be overweight again.

ARE YOU READY TO TELL YOURSELF THE TRUTH?. People say all sorts....' Big is beautiful....' "we cannot all be lepa"...... ' I love myself the way I am'   bla bla bla
     
Loosing weight is not only about looking good (that is just the icing on the cake) . It is about taking charge of all departments of your health ( mental, social , physical and sexual).

Yesssss......you read right .....sexual .

          Your energy level soars and you respond more maybe because the fat layers covering your 'hotspots' is reduced there is more communication with nerve endings.......just my thoughts on probable reasons.

 You are thinking yeah right.... I throw you a challenge loose 10kg of your current weight if you are overweight or obese and give us feedback..#wink#

Nurture your body this year ( after all you don't have a spare) by signing up in a gym or if you have enough motivation buy exercise CDs.

 Tsk tsk ...then the excuses start rolling in......

....but I leave home early for work and come back late (sign up at a gym close to your office and work out in the evening instead of getting stuck in traffic)

......but I have high blood pressure ( go to you doctor for a check up + medical advice and buy a pulse and heart rate monitor , you need to get the weight off)

.......but I am a stay at home mom with a baby ( get exercise CDs or a very good gymn equipment and strictly follow your routine in the comfort of your home)

.........I do a lot of housework and that should count ( yes it does count as a plus, but you need to get your heart pumping and sweat)

.......I can't afford gymn membership (then brisk walk or jog in your neighbourhood and increase the distance fortnightly).

......it is winter where I live and cannot go to the gymn or afford exercise equipment ( get on YouTube and look for exercises and be disciplined about doing them)

I have run out of excuses lol.
 

Bottom line is that Exercise + healthy food choices in the right portion is the only way to sustainable weight loss


NB.......Check with your doctor before starting any exercise regime........



3 comments:

  1. Another excuse- I wake up 4:30 am everyday except Sunday( 6am), come home late, do homework with my kid,bedtime story etc (no househelp). By d time it's 9:30pm, all I want is a bed. Only exercise I can get is to climb the stairs at work. Bought CDS bt don't have the time to play them. What can I do? Closest gym is like 25 mins away when there's no traffic, bt of course, there's always traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What time do you leave home in the morning? What and what do you do before you leave home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you need is 30minutes exercise (5days) for starters......May I suggest you wake up at 4 a.m; (for 4 days) try to go to bed earlier or shuffle your chores to make time for exercises when you wake up at 4.30. It will help your fatigue. Make Saturday the 5th day.....at least there will be no school runs.

    Exercising at night is not advisable as it will take a while for you to cool down and be able to sleep.

    Remember the first 2 weeks is the most challenging. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete