Take care of your body....Its the only one you have.

Take care of your body....Its the only one you have.

Monday 27 January 2014

Instant noodles can ' sabotage' your weight loss efforts.

Instant noodles are a highly processed food that lack tangible nutritional value-
they are low in fiber, vitamins and minerals.

They made their way into Nigeria in the late 80s and have since been widely accepted and regarded as a meal.


                       



      Instant noodles is in fact junk food that we should all clear out of our pantry but alas-- it's not that easy ...it's convenient, cooks fast and are 'yummy' according to kids

 Before you reach for the next pack of instant noodles know that....

  • A serving which is one pack has a high calorie content and a large chunk of it is from fats ( you just check the food label on the pack).............Just imagine how long it will take you to exercise and burn off those calories.

  • Instant noodles have a high sodium content. Research has linked high sodium consumption to hypertension, kidney damage, heart diseases and stroke.

  • It has monosodium glutamate which is a flavour enhancer that is widely used in Chinese food; and there has been controversial reports that it is an addictive chemical that causes people to binge eat. Which is why for example you can't seem to want to stop eating potato chips though you are not hungry.....it stimulates appetite.....WHICH IS WHY I AVOID IT LIKE A PLAGUE SINCE I STARTED THIS WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE.
             Some people are sensitive to MSG ( e.g people living with severe or poorly controlled asthma ); the reactions range from mild to life threatening.
                       

     If we are going to import food and recipes,shouldn't we do the healthy ones?

 I got 'hooked' on it too when I was pregnant and am still struggling with occasional cravings......

     Instant noodles eating blog visitors, how do you make your noodles? I mean what and what do you put in it?

      For the purpose of weight loss and healthy eating let us TRY to eliminate or reduce to the barest minimum our consumption of this junk food.

6 comments:

  1. I eat this once or twice a month. Like you said, it is quick...Mostly on nights when I work late in the office and the family already had their dinner, just because I do not want anything heavy at that point, I quickly make 1 pack. I kind of don't like it plain so I cook it with some vegetables like broccoli and sweet pepper and boiled egg..hmm hmm good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmnnnn .......I resist the temptation to make this ......Lol. NO PAIN NO GAIN..... sounds yummy.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok o. This is talking to peeps like me. I would start training myself to eat less of this. Its fast, convenient and yummy hence my preference for it when I need a fast meal. I make it plain though with ground pepper and sometimes eat it with boiled egg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, as for me, I make it with diced carrots(sometimes), diced chicken or mackerel, green pepper and just a bit of parsley------now that's yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @emmanuella...... yeahhhhh that's riiccchhhh.......and yuuuummmyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Bimbolus Int.........it should be easy to give it up since ur own recipe is quite plain.

    * wink*

    ReplyDelete